They say that money doesn't buy happiness and we'd like to expand upon that for you and say that being wealthy doesn't matter if you can't enjoy it!
A big statement, which will mean different things to whoever you speak to. What it really boils down to is that being the richest person in the cemetery is likely not the best way of using wealth. There are many reasons or "excuses" why we're not able to enjoy ourselves and our wealth including:
- Not having the time
- Needing to keep working in order to maintain appearances
- Not knowing what you want to do
- Not having the people to spend the time with
- Not having the fitness or health to chase our dreams
As humans we're driven by emotions, be they fear, greed, excitement, pleasure or pain. Maslow's Hierarchy of needs takes into account 5 stages or "needs" that once each is satisfied we're likely to keep moving up the pyramid or hierarchy. The great thing about you, me and all of us is we generally have the capability to change the way we think or feel about a situation. Here lies the secret behind how you can be wealthy and enjoy it. 5 ways you can do this include:
- Deliberately plan to take time out with friends or family doing something you enjoy
- Volunteer your time - You'll feel great and be able to help others at the same time
- Plan to spend a set % of your money on "fun" - decide what that will be and work towards the item
- Decide the consequences of not enjoying your wealth - Imagine a future where there is no-one around to spend time with or care about you. Use this as motivation to reach out and enjoy life
- Learn 3 new things per year - By acquiring and learning new skills you'll increase your chances of enjoying the wealth you have and continue to build
Bonus: Be grateful for what you currently have - This can be as simple as calling your friend and / or family and seeing how someone's day is going
If there is anything you learn from money glee we hope that you are able to enjoy your money with the people you love and care about.
What ways do you enjoy your wealth?
What is stopping you from doing this?
Remember to live your money glee! :)