A big part of the Gen Y Life is travel. According to research by Roy Morgan Gen Y are the generation who in early 2014 travelled the most. The question a lot of you might be considering is if it is still safe?
Is it still safe to travel?
Before we go any further; it is important to note that you ultimately need to make the final decision on when and where to travel.
The simple answer, to a not so simple question is yes it is still safe. While yes it may be considered "safe" to travel there will be parts of the world you may want to consider not going to. This may include areas where there are threats of attacks, political demonstrations or even ones that you do not actually feel "safe" going to.
Why you should keep travelling
- It is a great way to expand your horizons & make you grateful for what you already have
- Travel can keep you motivated and a way to get you motivated to achieve your financial goals
- Stopping travel would mean those who are committing terrible acts around the world have won
- You can learn new ways to get creative with your budgeting and finances (had to put this one in there ha)
Reasons why you should consider stopping travel
To give a balanced insight into the discussion it's necessary to look at some of the reasons why you might not want to travel
- There is some instability around the globe (although there's still plenty of great and safe places out there)
- For a financial reason. Especially if you're an Aussie, travel to the US for example is getting more expensive due to the exchange rate
- If you have other focuses, such as young (under 5) children or education to complete (although an exchange program can be a great way to see the world)
If you haven't been able to tell, the Money Glee team are quite pro travel although it's important you make your own choices.
Where would you like to travel to?
What is holding you back on going more often?
Let us know what you would like information on as this resource is for you! Oh and remember to live you Money Glee!