We've previously spoken about retirement and if it is simply a number here if you'd like more discussion on it.
What has really motivated this post is an article in super guide here down under that talks about "financial freedom" and planning for retirement. While sure planning can be great as long as you look at the habits rather than purely the goal itself planning for retirement in our view is a plan to become obsolete and idle.
Here we'd like to tell you more of a story around what retirement could mean and look like for you.
Are you a passive income "pundit", freedom fighting freelancer or weekend warrior side-hustle owner? Okay we'll stop with the awesome alliteration & let's get musing!
What do you feel your retirement will look like?
- Will you be looking to spend more time with the grandkids?
- Learn a new language or travel some more?
- Giving back to the community through either your time and or money?
- Starting a business based on your passion and or purpose (if you've been able to discover what this is)
- All of the above?
From a Money Glee perspective why are we waiting until retirement to do all of the above. Sure it will take time and we're all in different spots however what is stopping you from doing at least one of the above items or hopefully 3 or 4 right now?
This is absolutely one of the core reasons the Money Glee site was started, to get people to question the norm about retiring or waiting until we retire to live the life we love.
The questions you could ask yourself about your situation
- How much do you need to do your own thing?
- How many hours a week can you earn this amount in to then work more on your passion project or spend time with family / travel etc
- What are you currently doing that you could stop doing?
- What excuses or reasons am I making for my current situation?
We hope this post hasn't been too charged for you although it's an area that we're passionate about.
What is something that you've been holding off on that you will start?
Why have you been held back on waiting on something until you "retire"?
We'd love to have your thoughts, ideas, comments, questions and share us to grow how many people we can help. Remember to live your Money Glee!