Please be assured that the world will throw you curve balls! You'll likely change friends, jobs, food preferences, opinions, goals and maybe even move to a different country possibly before you even consider getting married. What does that have to do with blogging though and Money Glee? All will be revealed soon however let me give you a quick update on my travel through Africa.
Money Glee's trip through Africa!
First of all it's been fantastic and as you read this I'll likely be either in Tanzania or Malawi, camping under the stars. What have I managed to do in the last 3 months:
- Spend 4 weeks volunteering in Ghana to help with the conservation of animals
- Spent 2 weeks checking out Ancient Egypt, including the great Pyramids at Giza and the Valley of the Kings
- Climbed 2 of the coolest mountains in Southern Africa (Table Mountain and Lion's Head). Both in Cape Town
- Sailed down the Nile on a traditional Fallucca boat for 2 nights
- Visited Soweto and the Apartheid Muesum in South Africa.
These above are just a few of the highlights so far and one that will come is climbing Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the highest mountain in Africa
What about the Blog though, what's happening?
We wanted to write to you and give you the heads up that the primary domain this site is on expires this week and we'll not be renewing it. What this may mean is that the site may no longer be up after this week. We say maybe as this domain will not expire until the end of November. You may be shocked although we've decided this for the following reasons:
- While personal finance, investing, freedom, lifestyle design are still massive passions of me. We want to start a new blog specifically focused on property and mortgage broking in Australia, keep your eyes peeled for this one. The name is likely to be Property Mastermind Australia (check us out on Facebook)
- The cost to maintain a blog that we will no longer be using is not something I can sustain while also travelling and while I'd love to have 2 blogs running, focus is vital
- We feel as though given the amount of personal finance blogs around something more specific can be more helpful to people
We wanted to write this to thank you for all of your support, encouragement and comments over the time we've been operating. We'll be back and around the PF community + if you'd like to keep in touch in the mean-time send me an email to email@example.com or even a friend request on Facebook (Jef Miles)!
All the best and it's not goodbye, it is see you soon! :)
Remember to continue to live your Money Glee